Congrats to our client, Funton Games, for their social gaming iPhone app – City King which earned a tremendous amount of positive reviews by popular review sites during their marketing launch earlier this May.
- 148apps gave City King 3.5 overall stars with 4 stars in playtime and replay value in their review May 22 saying ” there’s something to be said for a location-based game that has actual gameplay”.
- AppCraver gave City King 4 stars also noting the games interesting premise of “incorporating familiar locations into your game play”
- The iPhone App Review gave City King a perfect 5 star score stating that the “overall value of City King is excellent”
- AppShrink said: “I must say, the idea behind City King is really awesome. Incorporating social networking with RPG style game play is a brilliant tactic and may prove to be quite popular. The graphics are well done, and the user interface is really simple to use which makes for a nice environment when you’re in a hurry to check-in somewhere and battle some goblins.”
- The iPhone App Review Guy gave City King a 4 out of 5 stars concluding: “The bottom line is there wasn’t really much about this app I didn’t like. It is free, it’s fun, it’s addictive, and it’s cool because it’s in your neighborhood. That is what makes is more fun for me. It just rocks.”
Also check out this great video review of City King by The Daily App Show who syndicates their videos on YouTube, Blip.tv, Google TV, Boxee and Roku.
Gary Yentin was recently interviewed by Fierce Developer‘s Editor Peggy Albright on marketing applications. The result is a fantastic article where Gary together with Millenial Media’s Senior VP, Matt Gillis and Mobile Marketing Association’s managing director, Michael Becker break marketing down to the “Top 5 marketing tips for budget-conscious developers”.
- Create a Marketing Budget
- Announce the App with a Press Release
- Use Multiple App Stores
- Exploit Social Media
- Compare Advertising Strategies and Pricing Options
You can read the full article here: http://www.fiercedeveloper.com/story/top-5-marketing-tips-budget-conscious-developers/2012-05-22
This interview comes on the heels of another recent article also about app discovery by The Herald Sun which focused on an interview by Gary and fellow app industry leader, Jud Bowman of Appia: http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/18608348/article-Appia-reports-15M-downloads-from-service
Congrats to our client Funton Games, developer of the check in social gaming iPhone app, City King, for receiving a perfect 5 star rating rarely given from The iPhone App Review yesterday.
The iPhone Review summed the app up by saying “The overall value of City King is excellent. Even though it was temporarily being offered free for its initial launch, even for the general amount to be paid for it would be worth it. It is a great game that will entertain any age player and is a great way to pass time by”.
City King was also featured on the Home page of www.theiphoneappreview.com and was shared to over 20,000 Facebook Fans and 10,000 Twitter followers adding to the overall excitement of the launch campaign which is currently underway.
Check out the full review at The iPhone App Review.