Congrats to our client, Funton Games, for their social gaming iPhone app – City King which earned a tremendous amount of positive reviews by popular review sites during their marketing launch earlier this May.
- 148apps gave City King 3.5 overall stars with 4 stars in playtime and replay value in their review May 22 saying ” there’s something to be said for a location-based game that has actual gameplay”.
- AppCraver gave City King 4 stars also noting the games interesting premise of “incorporating familiar locations into your game play”
- The iPhone App Review gave City King a perfect 5 star score stating that the “overall value of City King is excellent”
- AppShrink said: “I must say, the idea behind City King is really awesome. Incorporating social networking with RPG style game play is a brilliant tactic and may prove to be quite popular. The graphics are well done, and the user interface is really simple to use which makes for a nice environment when you’re in a hurry to check-in somewhere and battle some goblins.”
- The iPhone App Review Guy gave City King a 4 out of 5 stars concluding: “The bottom line is there wasn’t really much about this app I didn’t like. It is free, it’s fun, it’s addictive, and it’s cool because it’s in your neighborhood. That is what makes is more fun for me. It just rocks.”
Also check out this great video review of City King by The Daily App Show who syndicates their videos on YouTube, Blip.tv, Google TV, Boxee and Roku.