The results are in from our First Annual Developer Survey we completed in April of this year and we have used the data to create our very first INFOGRAPHIC. Our goal with this survey was to shed light on the truth behind what it takes to be successful with your mobile app. We hope that this information can be used to help you better your app as a business.
We welcome re-posts to help spread the word on this very important topic to the app developer community so feel free to save and post this infographic on your own blog or site.
For a full review of survey results, download our FREE white paper “The Necessity of Mobile App Marketing”.
We recently presented on “Succeeding in the Business of Applications: App Marketing & Monetization” at the monthly Toronto Product Managers Association (TPMA) meeting on April 24, 2012 here in Toronto.
“Mobile Business Apps: Marketing & Monetizing. Mobile Apps are part of just about every new product introduction these days. Whether the Mobile App is the core product, or whether it is a peripheral feature or add-on to help use your main deliverable – launching and effectively marketing it is part of the new reality.When businesses and product owners start conversations about launching a mobile application, discussions focus on user experience, functionality and code. Money and effort are spent on the design and development but strategies to help the application succeed are often forgotten or left out. This session aims to shed light on the challenges app owners and developers face in making a business of their applications and marketing it effectively. Gary Yentin and Tom Emrich use their years of experience in product marketing in the mobile space to highlight the strategies, tactics and steps needed to drive your apps’ success – despite a noisy and saturated marketplace.
You can watch a recording of this one-hour session here: http://www.screencast.com/t/lNLzik80
Big thanks to the TPMA for the recording and the opportunity. Be sure to follow them on Twitter @TPMACA or visit www.tpma.ca for more information.
We are proud to unveil our new look!
We’ve totally revamped ourselves for 2012 and have added some new services and offerings which better aligns App Promo to our new tagline “helping you succeed in the business of apps”.
In addition, we have created some great new touch points for you to keep in contact with us including our brand new blog and our newsletter which publishes on a regular basis.
To get you started, here is a rundown of everything you need to know about the new App Promo:
- New look and feel – we’ve done our biggest makeover yet from head to toe, what do you think?
- Smartphone and tablet responsive coding – we are using some new technology on our site to make sure you can experience it to the its full extent on mobile, desktop or tablet
- Expanded mission – we are now focused on the business of applications covering all angles from strategy to monetization and app marketing
- Additional offerings – we have formalized some offerings we have been provided to clients over the past two years including strategic consulting and monetization services
- Increased visibliity into our work – we have a brand new clients section which highlights who work with, what they are up to and some hands on case studies
- Larger partner network – we’ve met some great companies over the past year who share our passion for helping app developers and owners succeed with their products, check them out on our Partners page and share your support
- Bigger voice – we’ve been active on Twitter and Facebook sharing other people’s news and today we start to create our own with our new blog and newsletter! Sign-up today!
Despite all of the changes you see, what hasn’t changed is our commitment to help you succeed with your application. It’s what we are all about here at App Promo.
Can’t wait to hear what you think! Comment below or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.