Safety5 from Mercury Technologies turns any BlackBerry® or Android™ smartphone into a call management tool to stay in touch with family or important contacts. With Safety5, users select the numbers they want to receive calls from and while the application is running, all other calls will go directly to voicemail.
Safety5 is available as a paid app but also offers a free trial version that provides users with complete functionality for a 7-day period.
A new app to market, Mercury Technologies partnered with App-Promo on the launch of the application to create brand awareness and ultimately increase discovery of the app to gain downloads.
App-Promo devised a launch campaign to position Safety5 to meet their short-term objectives in terms of downloads while positioning the app for longer term growth and stronger brand awareness through the creation of communities and SEM.
A press release was distributed to mark the official launch of the application resulting in numerous postings on the web contributing to a spike in downloads and adding relevant and effective results to search engines for this brand.
In addition, optimization of the app store description and a gained merchandising feature in the app store caused a flurry of download activity helping to quickly earn new users for the application.
The development of social networks on Facebook and Twitter both established online resources for the app especially in terms of advertising the download as well as a core foundation for ongoing communication and marketing to growing users.
- The campaign was extremely successful, seeing over 14,000 downloads across both platforms and all versions of the app within a two-week span
- Marketing campaign efforts resulted in gaining feature placement of the Safety5 Free Trial app within the BlackBerry App World merchandising carousel
- Nearly double the average daily download rate was immediately seen through press and online buzz
- Safety5 Facebook and Twitter pages were established and grown as a solid foundation for go-forward marketing
- An increase of 6,900% Facebook fans and 3,800% Twitter followers was gained through this campaign